Tiles: The Perfect Choice for Flooring, Wall Decor and Kitchen Backsplashes
Gone are the days when home builders left the design and decor of their homes to contractors and interior decorators. Nowadays everyone wants to design their home in their own unique way. Even if interior designers and architects are contracted, the final choices are always of that of the people who will be living in the home.
One of the most important decisions to make while renovating or building a home is to choose tiles. They come in a variety of shapes, sizes, designs, and applications. They are there throughout the house in some way or the other and they can really uplift the look of a home. Let's see some application areas of tiles and some important points for each area.
- Tiles are the preferred choice for flooring for all city dwellers. They are easy to install, easy to maintain and come with a range of designs and colors.
- Tiles are known for their excellent waterproof feature and hence they are ideal for places that have severe monsoons.
- They elevate the look of any room, with an exquisite design.
- Exterior wall tiles are also one of the most preferred methods of exterior design.
- They allow for a design element and give a break to the normal paint finish.
- They are used to highlight and contrast various areas of bungalows and row houses.
- They are waterproof and hence are excellent against weathering
- Backsplashes of modern Indian kitchens are generally made with tiles since they are easy to clean and have a high variety of designs.
- Typically a lot of people add some ‘kitchen element’ like forks and spoons or fruits and vegetables into the design of their tiles. These painted tiles are used a break between other solid pattern tiles.
- These kinds of backsplashes gel with the overall decor of the kitchen and make it look vibrant and energizing.
DIFFERENT TYPES OF TILE
- Vitrified tile: known for stain resistance, alternate of marble & granite flooring.
- Digital/Glazed tile: they glam up home by giving the organic texture of wood.
- Mosaic tile: these small tiles are 100% nonporous, most durable, and the strongest tile.
- Ceiling tile: they are also called gypsum tile and provide superb insulation.
- Ceramic tile: best and budget-friendly tile, give glossy, shiny, lustrous texture to the floor.
HOW TO INSTALL AND MAINTAIN IT?
- Its installation must be done under the supervision of an expert team.
- Try to choose a tile with the planned theme of a home.
- Regular vacuuming and mopping is the only way to maintain its lustrous texture.
On an ending note, there was a time when marble was considered the best choice for flooring and yet it has its sheen but in the times of convenience, minimum care, and maximum results tiles have become the most preferred choice for flooring as well as outdoors.