Modular V/S Carpenter-Made Kitchen: Which Is Right For Your Home
Building a new home? Worried about the kitchen whether to get it done by a designer or a carpenter? Don’t worry; cool you worries down as we have come here to help you by some pros and cons of both Modular and Carpenter-Made Kitchen. Follow up-to know them.
Modular Kitchen is a term used for the modern kitchen furniture layout consisting of modules of cabinets made of diversified materials that hold accessories inside, which can facilitate the effective usage of the spaces in a kitchen.
A carpenter-made kitchen, on the other hand, is one that is built by hand by local carpenters who follow their age-old traditional methods of woodworking. These carpenters cut, plane, and finish the boxes by hand and often work at the site itself.
- The sleek construction and layout of the modular kitchen give your home a neat look.
- It’s easy to reassemble the modules of a modular kitchen if your shift.
Engineered wood that is used in modular furniture is preferred in the long run for its durability. There is no stress of carpenters working and creating a mess at home.
- It comes with quality, thus, it may cost you a lot.
- It requires a real effort to maintain the glossy or matte finished cabinets.
- It may happen that the designer fails to give you the result the same as the picture on the paper.
- Carpenters are locally available and easier to approach.
- Carpenters are more flexible with pricing.
- You can ask for the customization option or alterations as they will be working in front of you.
- Since it is all hand, quality and finish can be a concern.
- Costs keep fluctuating as per the carpenters.
- They may find it difficult or challenging to design something latest and trendy.
- With carpenter-made kitchens, you will not have the luxury of getting machine-techniques like edge banding.
As per the above pros and cons, you can see that Modular Kitchens are way better than Carpenter Made Kitchens in terms of quality, finishes, and variety. But if you are looking for something with a low budget, then go for Carpenter Made Kitchens. Make a wise choice after consulting the designer and the carpenter to get a clearer idea.